Jaeger, a distributed tracing system¶
Welcome to Jaeger's documentation portal! Below, you'll find information for beginners and experienced Jaeger users.
- Distributed context propagation
- Distributed transaction monitoring
- Root cause analysis
- Service dependency analysis
- Performance / latency optimization
We published a blog post, Evolving Distributed Tracing at Uber, where we explain the history and reasons for the architectural choices made in Jaeger.
- OpenTracing compatible data model and instrumentation libraries
- Uses consistent upfront sampling with individual per service/endpoint probabilities
- Adaptive sampling (coming soon)
- Post-collection data processing pipeline (coming soon)
- Backend components implemented in Go
- Cassandra 3.x as persistent storage (more storage backends coming soon)